Various methods of electrical mechanisms are implemented depending upon the load carrying capacity of the grounding mechanism
- IEC terminologies provides a various range earthing arrangements classifying according to their Mechanism.
- TN network consist of three phase system and the device is connected to the earth via earth connector. It saves cost of earth connections.
- TN-S and TT electrical mechanism consist of a separate devices connected to the power source. It is a residual current device can be used for additional protection in case of any insulation fault.
- TN-C is provides by a PE and N type of conductors from the consuming device to the ground.
- TN-C-S is a combination of TN-S and PEN conductors. It also provides a extra safety in case of any damage to the PEN conductor